MarTech Thoughts | Avneesh Kabra
What are the key priorities for a MarTech stack optimisation strategy to achieve?
- Improve data management & security.
What would your company use AI the most for?
- Develop data-led marketing campaigns.
What are the major roadblocks in trialling the new innovations in marketing technologies?
How important is data in making marketing decisions and engaging customers?
- Important - I rely on data 60-80% of the time.
What is the one marketing platform / app / solution you can't live without? Why?
- WEBSITE!! Every business is different, and each business will gain from having a website in different ways. In my view - Website remains the single most important platform for any company for success. It shows you are professional, accessible and approachable. With people going online for information more frequently than ever before; and since this trend will only accelerate in future. Your primary online presence, i.e. your website (or for some companies their web-solution, e.g. a Facebook-page), is a must to have. A modern website is your best sales person/platform, best customer support, best promoter and more.
How do you see the skillsets needed for the marketing profession changing?
- Marketers are becoming more and more hands-on. With data & technology as their tools of choice, they are making the world their playground. Analytics & Research capability - of both data & technology is a must have for us marketers. Data-driven marketing ultimately helps companies optimize their marketing channel performance, and in-turn enhance their customer experience, which leads to greater revenue and profits... Using the right technology with help you do this faster, better & cost-effectively.
With the advancement of AR & VR, how do you see these being utilised in digital storytelling?
- High development costs associated with AR and VR apps was the biggest barrier for companies to experiment with this technology. However, due to the fast adoption of technology during this past year, has changed the playground completely. According to Technavio - VR & AR is poised to grow at a CAGR of over 35% during 2020-2024. Hybrid experiences are the norm today, and all modern companies & professionals geared-up for the change. Virtual classrooms, Hybrid exhibitions, Virtual conferences, etc. are a few popular VR examples of today.