MarTech Thoughts | Nicolas Babin
What are the key priorities for a MarTech stack optimisation strategy to achieve?
- Improve personalised customer experience.
What would your company use AI the most for?
- Get personalised customer experience.
What are the major roadblocks in trialling the new innovations in marketing technologies?
- Lack of use cases.
How important is data in making marketing decisions and engaging customers?
- Very important - I always leverage data 100% of the time.
What is the one marketing platform / app / solution you can't live without? Why?
- Google Analytics.
How do you see the skillsets needed for the marketing profession changing?
- They need more technical skillsets.
If you had to build a marketing strategy at your organisation for 2021 from scratch, what type of partners would you look for to collaborate?
- Marketers, data scientists, analytics specialists, sales execs, agency specialists in my market.
Can new partnerships help shift the mindset from a product-centric model to more customer-centric?
- Yes, it can and it needs to. Partnerships will allow a faster go to market and will allow a more neutral view of what needs to be done.
What is the best use of technology you have seen during this time of crisis?
- I have seen great use of chatbots based on powerful AI algorithm with big data architecture. The customer’s information is available on databases and chatbots could use it to give a more personalized service. Customer journey is then optimised.
Currently, what are you primarily looking for in your digital marketing efforts? Awareness or engagement? Why?
- I am always looking for engagement. Awareness will come from engagement and word of mouth of satisfied customers. It is always easier to keep a customer than to get a new one.
As mobile and internet use rapidly expands; how do you track customer behaviour change?
- Using specific new KPIs like Customer Journey Tracking.
With the exponential rise of technology, is there still room for offline marketing?
- Absolutely. Online and offline marketing complete each other. You can never forget about offline marketing as you need to be available for all at any time and on any media.
How do you connect, engage and build a persistent relationship with your customers?
- Using AI based algorithm that will ensure personalised service is given to my customers. I will know when is the best time to contact them based on their purchasing habits. They will be more engaged and loyal.
With the advancement of AR & VR, how do you see these being utilised in digital storytelling?
- They are already playing a great role in digital story telling. You can make your customers live the experience you are describing to them. No need for long explanations anymore, just get your customer journey in an extended reality environment.